Established in 1924
In 1950, Arizona hosted the first National Federation of Republican Women Advisory Board Meeting. And in 1985 and 2015, the NFRW Biennial Convention was held in Phoenix and Scottsdale, respectively.
The Arizona Federation of Republican Women was founded in 1924 under the guidance of Mrs. J.L.B. (Amanda) Alexander who resided in Downtown Phoenix. Mrs. Alexander was a voting delegate to the Republican National Convention held in Cleveland, Ohio, the first national political convention held in Ohio. Mrs. Alexander was one of the 118 women delegates in attendance, out of the total 1,109 delegates in attendance.
That same year, Mrs. Alexander called on Republican Women from across the state to a meeting in Phoenix to form a statewide organization. As a result the Arizona Women’s Republican Club was formed with Mrs. Alexander serving as the first President.
In 1940, AzFRW joined the National Federation of Republican, founded in 1938 as the National Federation of Republican Women's Clubs, and were presented with our National Charter in 1942. Our charter, pictured below, was signed by NFRW founder Marion Martin and the first NFRW President Joyce Arneill from Colorado.